It’s cool to give a damn!
LOCAL. FRESH. ORGANIC.
We strive to create a tasty menu that supports your health as well as our environment! That’s why we partner with local farmers to serve you the most delicious organic produce we can find.
Why do we care?!
As a certified platinum ocean friendly restaurant we are committed to causing as little added stress to our environment as possible! Using these practices below, we can make a considerate effort towards being a sustainable, environmentally friendly business.
- No expanded polystyrene use (aka Styrofoam).
- Proper recycling practices are followed.
- Only reusable tableware is used for onsite dining, and disposable utensils for takeout food are provided only upon request.
- No plastic bags offered for takeout or to-go orders.
- Straws are provided only upon request.
- No beverages sold in plastic bottles.
- Discount is offered for customers with reusable cup, mug, bag, etc.
- Vegetarian/vegan food options are offered on a regular basis
- All seafood must be a ‘Best Choice’ or ‘Good Alternative’ as defined by Seafood Watch or certified as sustainable.
- Water conservation efforts, such as low-flow faucets and toilets, are implemented.
- Energy efficiency efforts such as LED lighting and Energy Star appliances, are in place.
Supporting local farms
Most supermarket produce has been sitting in crates for weeks on their journey to the market after being injected with color additives to make the produce look ripe and more appealing to buy but with locally sourced veggies the farmers can let the produce grow up to their peak ripeness and brought right to us insuring we get the best tasting, highest quality produce! Yay!
(our current local farms)
Kula ‘Aina Farm – Makawao, HI
Maliko Bay Farm – Haiku, HI
We stand behind our food. “Genetically Modified Organisms” or “GMOs” are often tested on Maui and is a serious threat to our environment, and our organic farming community. “A growing body of evidence connects GMOs with health problems, environmental damage, and violation of farmers’ and consumers’ rights.” – Non Gmo Project. Staying away from GMO’s is a big deal to us! With GMO’s stemming from the most aggressive chemical companies in the world, we choose to support healthier farming and we quite like our fugly little tomatoes just the way they are! Haha… Our tomatoes are actually the most beautiful, colorful heirloom tomatoes we have ever seen!
On a small island it is nearly impossible to be 100% organic with all we serve but we try our best! Why is this so important? Pesticides added to produce are harmful chemicals, created to KILL insects. Over time, imagine what that build up of poison is doing to your body! Imagine what these sprays are doing to the environment spray after spray! Have you tasted our menu? Organic tastes better! Clean food, clean body, clean mind!